Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wow...

I picked up this weeks TIME magazine the other day and started thumbing through it.  I got to the table of contents and noticed there was a story about the decaying of Detroit.  How wonderful could this be...more negative national press about the D.  

When I got to the story by Alex Altman, the picture on the first page looks like a landscape out of a horror film, but it's a typical neighborhood in the city.  Not a good first impression.  But, as I read on, the article was surprisingly not negative.  

WOW!  It was a brief article, but told of a couple great stories of people in the city doing what they can to make it a better place to live.  There were a couple of quips by the writer, but nothing too damning.  To say the least, I was very impressed.

This place has been on the slide for a long time and we still probably have a ways to go, but it was nice to see that somebody in the national press took the time to root out that there is good out there...lot's of it.

Thanks Alex, we do appreciate not getting punched in the face all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment