Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bob Bobb


One quick hitter: Robert Bobb, the Emergency Financial Manager appointed by the State of Michigan to "fix" the Detroit Public Schools got railed in the news today buy a group of teachers. This man has spent the last 18 months doing everything he can to clean up the trash can we call DPS. He has rooted out corruption, tightened up the budget, built new schools, amongst other positive things. I can understand how people might not always agree with everything Bob Bobb has done, but these teachers flat out accused him of purposely trying to run DPS into the ground. For the record, I think DPS has already hit bedrock, but that's for another post.
My initial thought when I heard these asinine comments...Where were these teachers and other employees when people were stealing everything from books to computers to cash from the schools. We are talking about administrative assistants to administrators doing the stealing. This went on for years, and it seems, nobody ever saw anything!

With all the problems that Detroit has, somebody comes in with a real goal of making things better for the children, and all he gets is "BS". Bob Bobb, I admire your courage and staying power, I believe that you really care about the children! Good Luck in your last 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment